Saturday, June 19, 2010

Really Ready...Not!

So far from ready....my feet are weird and unhappy, I have a wonky knee and I am so stiff that I can hardly sit up or down. People keep looking at me with pity and offering me seats on the light rail. How perplexed they would be if they knew what I was doing here. It has been ten days since I last was on my bike and it feels more like ten weeks. Magic needs to happen when I start riding-- tomorrow actually because the bikes have reached Astoria safely (thanks to Fed Ex) and we will be there by about 8 tonight. The ride doesn't really start until Monday but we will unpack the bikes and take a warm up ride.

Portland is a great city but cities are tough on me in my old age. Yesterday we toured the Chinese Garden, the Forestry Museum and the Japanese Garden, then walked a few miles back into the city from the top of Washington Park. Today we toured the Historical Society and the Zoo-- lots more walking. By 3 this afternoon I knew that I wouldn't walk further if I learned that there was a herd of unicorns around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment