Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 17: Dubois to Riverton Wyoming


Started slow this morning because the group breakfast was two miles back in the wrong direction and we didn't want to add 4 miles to an 80 mile day. Went instead to a local cafe that took longer but was a nicer way to start the day.

Got on the road about 7:30 and rode until about 2:00 when I reached the Dairy Queen just short of the hotel. The ice cream served as reward and lunch. The ride was reasonably comfortable with good temperatures and headwinds only about the last 10 miles.

Took my second tumble off the bike quite early in the day when my route sheet blew off. I hit the brakes forgetting that I was clipped in and over I went. As the first time only minimal damage done to me and none to the bicycle. When will I learn?

120 miles tomorrow, however-- our very longest day. Feeling grimly determined at the moment-- let's hope that grim determination will get me through the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment